Monday, February 12, 2018

Global Design Project #125 - Petal Palette Color Challenge

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I was actually able to get a little crafting in this weekend so that was nice. It helped brighten up the dreary rainy weekend we had here. And then today I had a chance to play along with the color challenge at Global Design Project.



The color challenge is Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Dapper Denim. This was definitely a challenge for me. These are not colors I use all that often separately, let alone together. But that’s the fun thing about a challenge, it gets you out of your comfort zone.


So I decided to work with the Petal Palette stamp set. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet and I thought now was the time. J I stamped the flower image and colored it in using the Melon Mambo watercolor pencils. Since the Blends have come out, my poor watercolor pencils got pushed aside. I forgot how much I love them too. They are so easy to work with. I quickly colored the flower in with the Melon Mambo pencil and used my blender pen to make it look prettier. The leaves were colored with the Daffodil Delight pencil and a touch of Old Olive. I also used the Daffodil Delight pencil and blender pen on the circle die cut behind the flower. That way it wasn’t such a stark white behind the flower but it wasn’t a super bright yellow circle either.


I also used some Dapper Denim DSP from the Color Theory paper stack for the background. This DSP does not get used all that often but I do really like that ombre piece. The finishing touches to the card is some Very Vanilla lace trim and Glitter Enamel dots.

I hope you try the color challenge too.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment