Thursday, September 14, 2017

Painted Harvest Wreath: Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Hello! Welcome to the Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog hop. There are 20 of us from around the world so be sure to follow along to see everyone's projects. You should have just come from Holly's blog.

For our blog hop this month we are featuring the Painted Harvest Bundle. I'm not really sure how we have made it to September and fall things. I feel like it was just spring, I blinked and now here we are in September. Since I still don't want to let summer go, I chose to make a fun green wreath with the bundle. I guess you could say I was inspired by ferns. I feel like the leaves have a fern-ish look to them. Maybe? I don't know, they look like some kind of summer plant.


So I got busy stamping about 20 leaves with Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive inks. The leaf punch made cutting these out a breeze! Once I was done with the wreath leaves, I used the same leaf stamp to make a flower. I stamped the more solid color stamp with Powder Pink ink and then using my aqua painter and some Berry Burst ink, blended the petals a bit.



I punched the leaf (flower) with the leaf punch, then I cut off the ends and glued them all together with glue dots. The center of the flower is actually the bottom part of the acorn stamp. I stamped that in Berry Burst and added a gold faceted gem to the middle.


Before added the flower to the wreath, I wrapped some Jute twine behind it. The center portion of the card was layered on a piece of the Painted Autumn DSP. I finished off the card with the sentiment, Iridescent sequins and some Gold Mini sequin trim.

I hope you enjoyed today's summery card! :)

Next up is Jessica Winter. Click below to check out her amazing projects!


Here is the link list of the full Artisan Design team for you to browse:




Product List

8 comments:

  1. I love wreath cards! Yours looks fantastic! The idea with the flower is great!
    XO
    Sylwia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! The flower looks like a magnolia to me - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! It does look like a magnolia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, lush wreath! And what a delightful flower, you clever woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your mind works!! What a fabulous card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow now I am really impressed with this card. the pure rawness of how you put it together. Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card! How clever to use the leaf punch for your flower as well...and the center...perfect! This is amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a way to think outside the box! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete