Thursday, January 12, 2017

Love Note Valentine


Happy Thursday! I have a pretty Valentine's card to share with you today. As much as I like making pretty Valentine's card, I don't really have anyone to send a pretty card to. My husband doesn't really want a frilly pink card. Although I'm sure he probably wouldn't say much (he wouldn't want to make me mad, hehe!) But I wanted to play with the Sealed with Love set some more and this is what I came up with. I started by stamping one of the large word images in Soft Sky onto to Pool Party cardstock. Don't be afraid to use a lighter color ink on darker cardstock. Since these colors are similar I wanted a tone on tone effect. Then I die cut the Sending Love glassine sheets with the Stitched Shapes framelits and used the Circle layering framelits for the pink pirouette scalloped circle. It's hard to see the cute little details on the glassine sheet but they are there! To adhere this to the cardstock I added glue dots under the areas that I knew would be covered with the heart and little envelope. Speaking of those little elements, the heart was die cut with the dazzling diamonds glimmer paper (so pretty!) I used Crumb Cake cardstock for that little envelope (also another die in the set). That cute little envelope opens up to show whatever you want! I just stamped the little heart image and die cut it with another die from the set. I went crazy with the dies! I just kept adding and adding. Same thing happened with embellishments too! I used the new ribbon from the SAB catalog and it's so nice. This is the first time I've used it. Oh and those Sending Love embellishments are lovely too!


I had a general idea of what I wanted to do with this card but as I was making it, I just kept adding and adding. Sometimes that's too much but I think for this card, it worked out nicely. Who wouldn't want this pretty valentine's card!


And this card is the first time I inked up my pretty little Artisan stamp. Ahhh I love it! (I'm still in shock I'm on the team!)


Have a great day!

Stamps: Sealed With Love
Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Sending Love glassine sheets, Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper, Silver foil sheets
Ink: Soft Sky, Archival Black, Watermelon Wonder
Accessories: Sending Love embellishments, Circles Layering framelit dies, Stitched Shapes framelits, Love Notes framelits dies, Brights enamel shapes, pearls, Metallic Ribbon (SAB), Triple banner punch

2 comments: