Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Dragonfly Dreams Display samples- 8 & 9

Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday. Mine is an extra coffee kind of day, haha! My 2 year old woke up twice last night and was having problems falling back asleep last night so I ended up sleeping in her bed, which was not the most comfortable sleep! Hopefully she will sleep better tonight. I am not in the mood to be dealing with newborn like wake ups again. So speaking of my 2 year old, today’s post shows the scrapbook pages that I did with her and my son. This picture of her makes her look so sweet and innocent but she’s a little spitfire as well. :) She is sweet but she sure is right in the middle of that fun stage called terrible twos!


I don’t do scrapbook pages too much but I really loved how this one came out. One of my favorite things in the ombre “Hello” at the top of the page. I glued 3 colors of cardstock to white cardstock and then ran the Hello you thinlit die through the big shot. I think this is a fun look for any of the word thinlits we have. I also used the Rich Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay ombre pads to stamp out “pretty girl”. I took the letters from the Labeler Alphabet stamp and stamped each letter in the separate colors of the ink pad, starting with the lightest color first. This is cool right? Then I added some banners from different dsp, cardstock and the foil acetate paper. After that I felt like the page still needed something so I die cut the small dragonflies in Tip Top Taupe to give the page a little something but not stand out too much. And once again, more enamel shapes. I told you I went crazy with them.


My second page is with my son. A fun detail on the Night of Navy cardstock is the embossed stripes. I used the Simply Scored board to make the stripes. I put the navy paper on an angle and scored every few lines. In between those scored lines I glued the Emerald Envy taffeta ribbon. All of that was added on top of the foil acetate (the gold side again!) which I stapled. I added a couple of bees for some color and to find a way to use this set for something more man-ish. And then you guessed it, more enamel shapes!! Love these things!


I hope you enjoyed today’s projects. I hope that maybe it will motivate you to try some scrapbooking. I’m hoping that I’ll try to do some more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment