Thursday, March 16, 2017

Basket Bunch Easter Cards: Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Hello Welcome to the Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog hop. There are 20 of us from around the world so be sure to follow along to see every one's projects. You should have just come from Holly's blog. She had some fabulous projects for you this week!


Our theme for this month was to focus on Basket Bunches or Dragonfly Dreams. I chose to work with Basket Bunches. I had used Dragonfly Dreams for my display stamper projects back in November so I was out of ideas for that set, haha! Plus that bunny is so cute in Basket Bunches that I knew I wanted to do something with him. I'm also glad to have fun springy cards to share after ALL of the snow we just got here on the east coast. I mean it's mid-March, this is crazy!!



This came out exactly how I pictured it in my head. How cute is the carrot wreath?? To get a perfect circle shape for the wreath, I cut out the size circle I wanted out of the circle framelits. See below.



I used this circle as the base for the carrots. I stamped, colored and die cut 15 carrots to fit around the wreath. Then I cut and colored the bunny as well. The bunny's tail is one of the pom poms from the Pom Pom trim. As I was cutting it off the trim, it came unraveled a bit and got a little puffy but I like the look it gives. I stamped and embossed the sentiment on a Pool Party tag. To finish off the card I added ribbon from the Cupcakes and Carousel embellishment kit and some enamel shapes and gold dazzling details. This is my favorite card!!




For my next card I did lots of watercoloring!


I stamped and embossed everything on water color paper with white embossing powder. I then used inks and my aqua painter to color everything in. The background was also water colored and the bottom was stamped with the little grass image.


If you look closely at the background you will see that I embossed several clouds from the Lift Me Up stamp set with white embossing powder. I also added white sequins to several of the clouds. You can't have a card without sequins or enamel shapes!! :) 



The sentiment was stamped on vellum paper and glued using the fine tip glue pen. Since this glue dries clear it's perfect to use on vellum paper!

I hope you enjoyed these Easter cards!!

Next up is Jessica Winter. Click below to check out her amazing projects!


Here is the link list of the full Artisan Design team for you to browse:


Product List



10 comments:

  1. THOSE CARROTS> oh mannnnnnn I adore those little mini things!!!! Anything mini practically!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which one I like better! Both si unique and awesome on their own! Love the wreath and the use of a circle - going to case this one! And the watercoloring is beautiful - especially those daffodils:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to pick a favourite from two great cards. But if I had to? I think the carrot wreath might take the gold. Love them Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!, Just Wow! that carrot wreath is amazing! Love your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to ise the carrot stamp like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so clever...that carrot wreath...its awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wreath is clever and cute! Your watercoloring is just FABULOUS! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha...so clever and cute! Love the carrot wreath and fluffy bunny butt. Your water-colored card is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete