Thursday, March 2, 2017

Happy Chocolate Bunnies: Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Hello!! Welcome to the Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog hop. There are 20 of us from around the world so be sure to follow along to see every one's projects. You should have just come from Holly's blog. She had some fabulous projects for you this week!

For this blog hop we are focusing on anything that came in our box. That was tough since there were so many great things to choose from. And then for some reason I was having crafter’s block. I made the card from Monday’s post and was feeling motivated to get more things done and I had all these ideas in my head. But when I started putting them to paper, they just weren’t turning out how I had hoped. Ever have that happen?? It’s the worst. Some days I’m on a roll and all these cute ideas in my head work out perfectly and then other days, Blech! Nothing.


So when I was working on my other Artisan projects using the Basket Bunch set, I had started a card with these bunnies. I wasn’t sure if I was liking these either so I decided not to use them for my other post. So they were just sitting on my desk staring at me. Then I decided I wanted to cover them with the Fine tip glue. Sara Douglass shared this fun idea a few weeks ago about using the glue to cover one of the monsters from the Yummy in my Tummy set. I thought it was a cool idea so I tried it on the bunnies. And then this project just sat here while it dried and then sat some more. Those poor bunnies! I knew I couldn’t let them go to waste so I finally sat down and finished this card. And now I think it’s super cute!


I started off water coloring my background with Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise and Dapper Denim inks. While the shimmer paper was still a little wet, I stamped one of the splatter image from Gorgeous Grunge with the same color inks. I die cut and glued all of the bunnies with dimensionals to the watercolor background. I decided to put them on the background first before applying the Fine Tip glue. It was easier to do it this way with them already elevated from the background paper. Applying the fine tip glue to the bunnies was oddly soothing, haha!! Just make sure to go lightly and not add too much. As you can see from the top middle bunny he had a little too much and got a little bubbly. Once these were all dry, I added the Blushing Bride twine, the sentiment (which is so funny!), and some embellishments. If you look closely you can see clear sequins on some of the splatters.

Here is one more close up of the chocolate bunnies for you!!

My next card uses the Happy Celebrations set. This is a really cool set to work with. I can't wait to make more cards with this set.



The first thing I did was stamp the word Happy in Peekaboo Peach. I used the “kissing” technique on this. What that means is I inked up Happy in Peekaboo Peach and before I stamped it onto the card stock, I used the small circle stamp inked with Watermelon Wonder and stamped it in random places on the word Happy. So when you stamp Happy on your card stock, it will come out in Peekaboo Peach with Watermelon Wonder polka dots. Fun, right! After that I used the embossing folder to emboss the word. Then I used the circles from the set and stamped them several times in Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo. I would ink the circle up once and then just keep stamping on the white card stock so you can several circles in various shades, all getting lighter and lighter. I cut out 4 circles from the Layering Circle Framelits in Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper and glued them to the card. I then added some twine, the sentiment and some embellishments.



I hope you enjoyed today’s cards.

Next up is Jessica Winter. Click below to check out her amazing projects! She is so talented!



Product List

9 comments:

  1. So sweet! Especially the chocolate bunnies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen! These are both such amazing cards! There are too many great details for me to mention my favorites, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so great! I made some chocolate bunnies the other night but your idea with the glue is amazeballs! Chocolate amazeballs, lol! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! LOVE the chocolate bunnies! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaah
    I love rabbits! All the chocolates are present and the glossy side, yum! It makes you want to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card and love your inking technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute cards! I love the shiny bunnies and the splatters in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. I never think to use those techniques on the account I am a lazy stamper. :) love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. two striking cards, love the bold colours! xoxo

    ReplyDelete