Monday, February 6, 2017

Yummy in my Tummy Valentine's treats


Happy Monday! I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and the Super bowl if you watched. We are football fans and watched the super bowl but we could have done without the Patriots winning, haha! We are NOT Patriots fans in our household so it was disappointing that they won again! But at least the game was interesting.

Before the game yesterday I had some time in the afternoon to create these super cute Valentine's treats. As I was scrolling through Facebook the other week, I came across this idea to make smores treats with marshmallows, m&m's and teddy grahams. Actually I should say my daughter found it. She was looking over my shoulder as I was going through Facebook and she ended up scrolling back because these smores treats caught her eye. Of course they did, she will eat ANY and ALL candy and sweets, haha! So I thought it was super cute and wanted to try it. I almost forgot about it until I saw the Valentine's m&m's at the grocery store. So I picked up a bag and then found these super cute heart marshmallows. How adorable are these marshmallows?!?! I knew they would make these little treats perfect! I just needed to wait until I got the Yummy in my Tummy set to get to work. I went back and forth on this set. I thought it was super cute but wasn't sure if I should get it. Lately my daughter has been saying yummy in my tummy so I decided it would be cute to get. Plus it's not just a set for Valentine's, you can use these cute little monsters for birthdays, etc. How cute would these little treat bags be with Christmas m&m's, Halloween m&m's, Easter m&m's, etc. And if you can find cute shaped marshmallows that would look even cuter.


Now for some details on these monsters. I water colored them with inks and an aqua painter. While I had my inks open, I stamped one of the splatter images from Gorgeous Grunge in the same color ink all over the monster. Sometimes the monster was still wet so the splatters bled a little, which is the look that I was going for. So I like how they came out. And I always think that with water coloring it doesn't always have to look so neat. So if you get messy and out of the lines, while coloring, that's ok. I actually think for the monster that's fine since in my mind he's a furry little monster. After I colored them, I cut them out and adhered them to circle tags. On the white circle I stamped the heart from the set in Smokey Slate.

I originally planned on tying them to the bags with string but ended up going with the gold paper clips instead. If you were to do a lot of these for kids, I would probably just tie them with ribbon or maybe use the mini paper clips. (I didn't have those otherwise, I might have used them). Overall, this didn't really take that long to put these together. Unfortunately at the daycare where my kids go, we can't bring in homemade treats like this otherwise, I would have definitely done this for their Valentine's. So instead I will be giving these to my kids and my niece, and maybe my mom since I will have one leftover. I definitely plan on doing these again for other holidays so to any of my family who's reading this don't be surprised if you see these treats again!! :)


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you try making these cute treats too! I would love to see them!

Product List





No comments:

Post a Comment