Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Blooming Flower - Watercolor Birthday Card


Hello! I'm taking a quick break from all of my holiday chores to post this card I made the other day. A couple of weeks ago I colored this flower in with the new watercolor pencils. I shared the colored image on my Instragram and this is the finished card. Be sure to follow me on Instragram to see more crafty stuff (Instagram name: Sootywingstudios). I wanted to try out the new pencils. I tried them briefly at OnStage but didn't use them real long. So far I really like them. I stamped the image on shimmer paper and colored in the flower with the pencils and a blender pen. I love how it came out. This is my all time favorite flower to color. It's hard to tell in the photo but there is a nice shimmer from the paper. I adhered this image to some black card stock and Pop of Pink DSP. I had planned on wrapping the ribbon around the DSP but glued the DSP down first and then realized I forgot to add the ribbon. So I just added a strip and cut the ends then added the bow. I stamped the sentiment on Sweet Sugarplum card stock and cut out the Happiest and birthday so they would be separate. I always forget about doing this with the sentiments. Sometimes you don't want the sentiment all together and cutting it out like this is a fun touch. The final touch was to add some of the sprinkles from the new sprinkles embellishments in the Occasions 2017 catalog. Ok now back to work. Only a few days left to get everything done!!!


Have a great day!

Stamps: Birthday Blooms
Paper: Pop of Pink DSP, Black, Shimmer paper, Sweet Sugarplum
Ink: Archival Black
Accessories:Watercolor pencils, Blender pens, Envelope punch board (for the corners of the shimmer cardstock), Sprinkles embellishments, Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment