Friday, October 21, 2016

October Paper Pumpkin - Napkin Rings


Happy Friday! I have a super cute project to share with you today. I used the October Paper Pumpkin kit to make some festive decor for your Thanksgiving table. I haven't put the kit together how it's instructed because I had this idea in my head that I wanted to try first. I love that there are so many other options with these paper pumpkin kits, not just what is shown. But if you just want to do it the way it's instructed that is ok too!!! Those cards are cute as well!!


I wanted to make shaker napkin rings. There are still a few tweaks I need to make but overall I love how they came out. I used my circle dies to cut around the the leaf cut out. I did have to use 2 of the vanilla leaf cut out pieces they gave you. But I'm sure I will find another way to use up those scraps. I adhered the acetate behind the cut out, then using the dimensional strips I wrapped those towards the edge of the circle so it would keep all of the sequins inside. This was glued to the different color square pieces from the kit, then I die cut the scalloped Old Olive circles and glued those to the shaker circles. I also cut apart the card stock base to use as the base of the napkin ring. The strip of DSP is from the envelopes. The one thing I would tweak is that I would add some ribbon or card stock around the edge of the circle so you can't see the dimensional strip. (You can see that in the photo below).


What do you think?? Fun, right? If you get the Paper Pumpkin kit this month I would love to see what you do with it.

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment