Monday, October 17, 2016

Birthday Blooms - Rainbow watercolor card


Happy Monday! I have a bright pretty card to start off your week. I love how this came out. As I was doing this, it work how I originally thought it was going to but I was able to “make it work” and I loved how it turned out. I used my large clear block and added all of the ink with my aqua painter. When I pressed the block to my card stock, the color didn’t take everywhere I wanted it to. I think because I had embossed the flower image the block could get into all of those raised areas. So it was looking pretty blah. But then I took my aqua painter, dipped it into the corresponding colors and was able to fill in the white areas. That is why you see some darker areas (where the block pressed down) and some lighter areas that I brushed on. I just love this look of the white flower peeking through that pretty rainbow. Then I added the sentiment with the Labeler Alphabet set. Apparently I couldn’t find a thinking of you sentiment in any of my stamps so I turned to this set to make my own. I think this is my new favorite set. I love being able to make whatever sentiment I want. And I also like the look it gives too. I think it gives this card a funky edge. I wasn’t sure if I should got with something a little softer since I’m sending this to a friend that is going through a rough time but I think it works ok with the artsy/watercolor background. What do you think?? Oh and be sure to zoom in on the photo so you can see the sequins and pearls I added.


So this week, I’m participating in a challenge on the InkBlg Academy facebook page. (#weekonechallenge) I’ve made it my goal for this week to post on my blog every day. So let’s keep your fingers crossed that I can achieve this goal because then you’ll have fun stuff to look at each day! 

I'll see you tomorrow! :)


Stamps: Birthday Blooms, Labeler Alphabet
Paper: Smokey Slate, Shimmer white, Black
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Black, Versamark
Accessories: Black baker's twine, Aqua painter, Clear Block E, sequins, pearls, white embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment