Monday, March 30, 2015

Mini Treat Bag Easter cards


Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We went to see the Easter bunny yesterday and it was not quite so successful. I did get a picture with both kids and the easter bunny but they were not too happy about it, haha! My son was excited to see the easter bunny until it was time to take the picture. Then he got scared and didn't want to go up there. I was able to get him to sit there. And since I was so focused on getting him to stay in the picture I wasn't able to make faces at my daughter to make her laugh. Even though the picture was less than successful, I still bought it anyway, haha! It was their first holiday picture together (their Santa picture was not great either) so I wanted to have a memory of it. Hopefully next year will be a little better. It was funny, as soon as the picture was done my son went running to my husband and with a smile on his face said "I saw the easter bunny". At least he didn't seem traumatized from it!

For your Monday entertainment:



Now on to today's crafty goodies. These are the Easter cards I was talking about in my post last week. I'm excited with how they came out. There are a couple of things that I could tweak and fix but since these are for my son and my 7 month old niece, I'm not fixing it - they won't notice! My idea was that I wanted to make cute little bunnies and then pull them out from the mini treat bags. And it worked. The tutorial for the bunny I found on pinterest. (You can follow me on Pinterest - I pin LOTS of things)! The bunny was made with the oval framelits, small oval punch and the owl punch (for the eyes and nose). I used the Birthday Bash dsp for the little egg and the Painted Blooms dsp for the bunny ears. I glued all of the pieces of the bunny to the decorative dots embossed cardstock. (I used dimensionals on parts of the bunny). Then I made the mini treat bags. These are so so cute! I love them. Pick up the mini treat framelit die now with 1 or 2 other items while SAB is still going on so you can get a free item!! I loved this when it first came out but wasn't sure how much use I would get out of it. Now that I have it I want to make so many more! I used this the other week for part of my hostess gift for a workshop and filled it with various trims, adorable! I will share those projects this week. Back to the easter cards. After I cut out the treat bags, I stamped them with the circle image from Hello Darling. I thought it added a cute little touch to the bags. For the Pistachio pudding bag, I added some Sahara Sand lace trim (this one will be going to my niece). For both bags, I used one of the dies from the From the Garden bundle and stamped it with "Hippity-Hpppity" from the And Many More set. And then I wrapped twine around the bags. For the bunny cards, I added chevron ribbon so you can pull out the cards from the bags with the ribbon. I may go back and add Happy Easter to the bunny somewhere but I'm not sure yet. Either way, I wanted to share these with you before Easter so you can make your own cute bunny cards!


Reminder: Sale-a-bration ends tomorrow!! If you need any items and want to earn some free products, contact me! I am close to getting an extra bonus so any little bit you can help is surely appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed these cards!!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment