Monday, March 2, 2015

Indescribable Flowers - Wedding Card


Happy Monday! Today I have a card to share with you that I made for a wedding we went to over the weekend. It was nice to get out for the evening without the kids and have a delicious meal. However, I was so tired on Sunday. Staying out late with young ones just does not work anymore! And I was even tired before the wedding considering that the kids were up at 4:30 am on Saturday morning!!!!!! I was able to get a nap in before the wedding but still, I needed way more sleep. I do not understand why my kids do not realize that Mommy LOVES her sleep and needs it to function. But that is a whole other topic that I could complain about all day long, haha! You came here for pretty cards so let's talk about pretty cards instead. I used the invitation as inspiration for my card. I always like to try to match the card to the invitation or theme (if there is one). My first thought when I saw those flowers on the invitation is that I wanted to use the Indescribable Gift set with the Blendabilities. (Note: Blendabilities are currently unavailable at this time due to a manufacturer quality issue). I used the Rich Razzleberry blendies for these flowers but you could easily use the Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Up markers too. I also embossed the flower image with gold ink and clear embossing powder. Everything embossed looks so much nicer, plus it helps with the coloring so your ink doesn't bleed. The sentiment is also embossed. I added 2 pearls, colored with the blendies, to the Label Framelit. I added some Champagne glimmer punched banners for a little extra sparkle. And of course I had to add some gold sequins in there. I can't do a card now without sequins! I need to make a card for a baby shower this weekend and I'm already thinking about how I can add sequins to it, haha!! It's like an addiction at this point! Well stop back later on this week for more inspiration. I have a card that I haven't posted yet and I will have a baby shower card to share at some point in the next week.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment