Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Baby Announcement and poster - MDS

Hello! Well it's been quite a while since I've posted. Unfortunately that's because I haven't been able to get too much craft time in lately. I have no idea where the times goes. We were preparing for a garage sale at the beginning of October so that took up a bit of time. But now here we are in the middle of October and I have no idea what I've done! Haha!! Since I haven't really done anything crafty lately, I will share the baby announcement I did along with a poster I did for her room. Both were done in My Digital Studio. The poster was something I wanted done since I had something similar for my son. The one for my son was a gift and I wanted my daughters to be fairly similar. I looked all over etsy for something but just wasn't finding what I wanted and then I realized that I could just do it myself in MDS. So now I was able to get exactly what I wanted. I plan to frame this and hang it shortly but for now, I will show you the digital version of it. I just designed this in MDS, exported it as a jpeg and then made a word document in the size poster I wanted (8 x 10), copied the jpeg and then printed it out. Cute right!


For the baby announcement, I found inspiration from Etsy but designed it in the colors I wanted. I love how it came out! I used various punches and stamps and then added my photos. I also exported this to a jpeg and just printed them out as 5 x 7 photos. I had a fun little photo shoot to get these pictures. Luckily she cooperated pretty well. I would have liked one more picture with her eyes open but I will take what I can get!


I hope you enjoyed today's post. I have some Christmas stamps on their way and I can't wait to get some craft time in with them. I have ideas floating around in my head so hopefully my stamps arrive today and the baby cooperates tomorrow for some crafty time!

2 comments:

  1. Really darling pictures and layout. Hard not to have it turn out well with such a cute subject right? I think my favorite picture is the one in the basket. She looks like she's thinking and dreaming about what she'll be when she grows up..of course she may just be planning mischief too (how to get that big brother in trouble perhaps?)...or what she wants for dinner. Hee, hee.
    MDS really is a fabulous resource isn't it. Thanks for sharing ALL your very fun creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the picture in the basket is my favorite too. She's probably thinking why is mom so crazy putting me in a basket, haha! And I love MDS, it is so fun to use. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete