Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Butterfly Birthday Wishes - Fab Friday Challenge


Hi! I have a pretty birthday card for you today. Today's card uses the Papillon Potpourri set. This set is currently part of a special this month where you receive the stamp set and the bitty butterfly punch for a 15% discount. Stop by Stampin' Up! store to the right to purchase this set and make your very own pretty cards!!! :)
Since this set was on sale I thought I would use it to make a card. I haven't used this set too much and I don't know why because the butterflies are so pretty. I also decided to play along with the Fab Friday challenge this week. This week's challenge was to use the following colors:

Instead of going with a fall card, I decided to make a fun birthday card since I need a card for my mom's birthday in a couple of weeks. The background is soft sky stamped with a circle in soft sky. The circle was a scrap from the Chalk Talk stamp set. So don't throw out your scraps since they can be used to stamp too. :) The Tangerine Tango piece was embossed with the Lattice texture embossing folder. I cut out the white cardstock with the Deco Labels framelits. Then I stamped 3 butterflies in Sahara Sand. I also colored in the centers with a blender pen and Sahara Sand ink. Then I added some dazzling diamond glitter to the edges. Next, I added Crushed Curry chevron ribbon. (I LOVE this ribbon!) Finally, I stamped the Birthday Wishes sentiment from Four You. I actually stamped this in 2 parts since it was too long for the bottom corner. I inked up the wishes part first and stamped it, then add the birthday part on top of it. I did whip out my stamp-a-ma-jig for that part, just to make sure everything was lined up. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to play along with the Fab Friday challenge!



Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Four You
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Deco Label Framelit dies, Crushed Curry chevron ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Lattice Texture embossing folder

4 comments:

  1. Love the DD on the butterflies! They look wonderful against the Whisper White Deco label. I'm sure your mom will LOVE it! Happy b-day to her! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! Love the butterflies and the ribbon! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card!! Love the sparkly butterflies!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete