Friday, January 27, 2012

Banner Love


Happy Friday!! I am glad that it is the end of the week even though it is a gloomy day here. But at least I have a fun and bright card. I was asked by a coworker if I could make a Valentine's card for his fiance. He wanted something over the top.....oooo fun! So I designed 2 different cards for him to choose from. Today's card is the first one I made. I had a lot of fun making it and I think it came out cute. For the clouds in the background I punched out several scallop circles and then ran them through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I then cut them in half to make the cloud shapes. I then punched out some pennants to make the cute banner. I bought that punch a long time ago and this was actually the first time I used it. Before I punched out the Pink Pirouette pennants I stamped them with the pennant image from Party This Way. At the end of the banner I added 2 bows with the Pool Party baker's twine. I love the color of this! Maybe that's because I'm in LOVE with Pool Party. And then I added some glittered hearts to each pennant. For the bottom, I cut out a strip of Pear Pizzazz DSP and added a Pear Pizzazz seam binding. Isn't this a cute Valentine's card or even just a cute card to say I love you. I will try to stop by over the weekend with the other card I made. I love that one too. It came out really nice and over the top, haha!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Stamps: Party This Way, Valentine Defined
Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz DSP
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Real Red
Accessories: Heart-to-Heart punch, Petite Pennants Builder punch, Scallop border punch, Scallop Circle punch, Pool Party baker's twine, Pear Pizzazz seam binding, Brights buttons, Dazzling Details, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Your coworker will love it. And so will his SO.

    Dawn
    DeeGeeScraps

    ReplyDelete