Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wow it's September!

Holy Cow! Where has August gone?!! Actually where has the summer gone. I can't believe it is September and the summer is gone. :( I love the summer! Although I am excited for fall and for football to start but I am definitely going to miss the pool and beach days. I feel like I didn't get enough of them this year even though I did make it to the shore several times. Which is why I haven't posted in FOREVER! I had a couple of trips during August. Then I was working on my swaps for the ControlFreaks group, which I will post here soon. Then I was working on projects for the Creative Crew on Splitcoast!!! I was picked to be on the Creative Crew Design Team for September through December! Woo hoo!! So that is what has been going on behind the scenes and why I haven't posted. So today, I will post 1 of the 4 projects I did. I will post the rest this week. In honor of today being the start of the Holiday Mini, I will post the card I did using some new mini products.



I think my favorite stuff out of the new catalog is the Spice Cake collection. I absolutely LOVE the paper, fabric and buttons. Maybe its because I am in love with anything that has the color Pool party in it. :) Anyway on to the card. The challenge for this card was to use any holiday or seasonal set and use this sketch. I made a couple of tweeks to the sketch but for the most part kept it the same. So are you loving the new fabric??!! I don't think I've ever used fabric on a card before (maybe once?) but I think this is a fun little touch instead of using DSP. That huge button is also from the mini. I really liked the colors of the buttons so I ordered them. But once I got them I wasn't sure what to do with them because they are large but I think it worked perfectly for this card. I also used them in another project I did for the Creative Crew. (Stay tuned for that this week). The rest of the card was pretty straight foward. I've listed the rest of the supplies below. So I would love to see what you guys do with this challenge. Head on over to Splitcoast Stampers, check out the Septemeber challenges for the Creative Crew and upload your projects. Put a link here too, I would love to check out what you've done.

And don't forget to check out the Holiday Mini. (The link is in my sidebar). There are lots of fabulous things!!!

Stamps: Falling Leaves
Inks: Pool Party, More Mustard, Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Spice cake buttons, Pool Party ruffle ribbon, Spice Cake fabric, brads, modern label punch

No comments:

Post a Comment