Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wicked Cool


Hello!!! I hope everyone is having a good week. I am so ready for it to be over. It's been quite busy at work the past few days so I'm ready for the work week to be over. But in the meantime I have a fun Halloween card for you. I don't normally send any Halloween cards because I don't usually have that many Halloween stamps. I think I have 1 maybe 2 sets so I decided to get the Wicked Cool set just to have another Halloween set on hand. So now that I've done a couple of cards, I will be sending out Halloween cards this year. I had a lot of fun making this card. And I used a couple of cool new things, like that fabulous glitter paper and the fun embossed frames. To start, I stamped some of the spider webs from the set in black on the Rich Razzleberry sheet. Then I embossed the Midnight Musings wheel in clear embossing powder. I'm not sure if you can see in the photo but it has a really nice shine to it. I added another close up photo below to try to show the shine. I added a strip of the glitter paper on top of a strip of Pumpkin Pie. Then I just stamped a couple of the elements from the Wicked Cool set, cut them out and layered them on the embossed decorative frame. The word Spooky was punched with the Decorative Label punch using this technique seen here. Isn't that a fun way to use your Decorative label punch! I know, I'll be doing that more often. I hope you enjoyed today's card. Have a great afternoon.



Stamps: Wicked Cool, Midnight Musings wheel
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade, Glimmer Paper
Ink: Black, Versamark, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry marker, Lucky Limeade marker, black satin ribbon, scallop trim border punch, decorative label punch, designer frames embossing folder

1 comment: