Friday, September 23, 2011

Falling Leaves


Happy Friday! I had intentions of posting earlier this week but I don't know what happened. I think between the busy week at work last week and a super busy weekend (wedding on Saturday and Jets game on Sunday), I was just pooped! This weekend should be a little more relaxing and hopefully we will get those kitchen cabinets finished! What I thought would be a fairly quick project has turned into a month long project! We are just too tired to work on it during the week and then the weekends get busy. Hopefully it will be done soon.
Today's card was inspired by this card. I really liked the idea of the leaves cut out to make a wreath. I don't have this stamp set so I decided to do it with the Falling Leaves set. Somewhere else I saw someone using the colors Pool Party, Peach Parfait and Wild Wasabi together and I really liked it. So I used those colors and then added Melon Mambo. I really like these colors together. They feel a bit summery but that's ok. It's fun to use different color schemes for the holidays/seasons. This card was a little tedious cutting out the leaves but it went fairly quick. I used the snowburst embossing folder for the Crumb Cake background. As you can see, this can be used for more than just holiday cards. On the bottom part, I stamped one of the images from the Delicate Doilies set (LOVE that set!). And finally I added some Crumb Cake ribbon and the sentiment. Hope you enjoy!!

Stamps: Falling Leaves, Delicate Doilies
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Pool Party, Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Early Espresso
Accessories: Snowburt Embossing Folder, Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment