Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Color Q Challenge.



Hi! I was actually able to sneak in a little bit of stamping time yesterday after I finished my packing. I saw the colors for the Color Q Challenge #95 and really liked these colors together. I've never done this challenge before but decided to try it out. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with these colors. I figured something with flowers, then because I didn't want to spend all night coming up with a card, I decided to CASE this card of mine. I obviously changed the colors in this card. Then I used the Hello Doily background stamp in the corners instead of the swirls from the Elements of Style set. The flowers are colored with Calypso Coral even though it doesn't really look like it. The stamped the flowers in Early Espresso, then I started to color in the flowers with a blender pen and ink from the Calypso Coral pad. Since I used the ink from the ink pad, the color was a little lighter and I think it pulled in some of the Early Espresso ink as well. Then I went back with the Calypso Coral marker and added some darker shading. I really like how this came out. The size of this card is a little different than normal, it's 3.5 x 6.25. Well I am off to the beach for a few days and I cannot wait! Not having to go to work for 2 days is great, lol! I will be back next week with some more eye candy!

Stamps: Elements of Style, Hello Doily, Petite Pairs
Paper: Island Indigo, Early Espresso
Ink: Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Calypso Coral marker, Lucky Limeade marker, Pool Party ruffle ribbon, square punch

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Your card is beautiful, I love how you used the Doily stamp. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ and have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is beautiful. I love how the colored flowers pulled in some of the Early Espresso. They have a vintage look to them. The doilies on the corners only add to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and such a nice balance between the sweet hummingbird and the bow. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete