Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nature Walk


Happy Snowy Wednesday! I can't believe I woke up to snow this morning. It wasn't a lot just enough to be annoying. I was so ready for the warm weather after we had a couple of nice days last week. I guess that was just a tease. Today's card uses the Nature Walk set. I bought this set thinking I would use it a lot and I think this is maybe the 2nd time I did. I really like the set but I was just having a hard time coming up with something I liked using it, so I just never did. But this weekend, I really wanted to put this set to use. I'm pretty happy with how the card came out so maybe it will get me to use the set more. Don't mind my tilted picture. :) I didn't realize the picture was so tilted until after I downloaded it. For the details, the layout is one that I just used the other day on the Sew Suite card, I just changed a couple of things. I used the Botanical Gazette DSP and Pear Pizazz cardstock along with Vanilla and Early Espresso cardstock (scallop strip). I stamped the leaves in Pear Pizazz and sponged the vanilla piece with Crumb Cake. I stamped the bird in Early Espresso, then I used sponge daubers to color him in. First I sponged him in Crumb Cake, then I added a little bit of Marina Mist to his belly and then added Early Espresso. And the finishing touch was Marina Mist ribbon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment